Why Buy Maple Leaf
Maple Leaf Homes has been manufacturing modular housing for over 30 years. They supply homeowners and commercial customers in Atlantic Canada, the New England States, Quebec and Ontario. Their manufacturing plant is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, which allows for easy delivery of the building components to Prince Edward Island. Your home is only a bridge ride away!
All Maple Leaf Homes are constructed inside their manufacturing plant, in a controlled environment. So, your home can be built any time during the year – spring, summer, fall or winter – regardless of the weather! Plus, the building materials aren’t exposed to the outside environment, so there is less chance of unwanted damage (i.e., increased moisture, mildew, freezing, etc.) occurring to the materials during the construction process. As well, there are no delays for you, because Maple Leaf doesn’t need to wait on the weather.
Maple Leaf utilizes a computer aided design system (CAD) to allow them to customize any of their standard layouts, which means you can take any of their plans and modify them to meet our needs. So, you may find that one of their layouts is just what you were looking for; or, you may want to take a layout that is similar to what you were looking for an work with Legacy Homes to customize the house to turn it into your new home. There is no cost for this redesign portion of the project, you can change your mind all you want until you find what works for you. How great is that!
For those of you interested in the building components, here are some tidbits of information for you:
- 2 x 8 (24’ wide) or 2 x 10 (26’ wide and up) kiln-dried lumber floor joist at 16” o/c, double perimeter beams, 5/8” T & G plywood with an additional underlayment under the vinyl flooring. Maple Leaf floors are considered the strongest in the industry.
- Walls are constructed with 2 x 6 kiln-dried lumber, 16” o/c with full 2 x 6 top and bottom plates. Plywood exterior sheathing is installed to provide maximum air tightness.
- Engineered roof trusses with 4/12 pitch are designed for maximum load. (5/12, 6/12, 7/12 pitch are optional).
- 30 year warranty architectural shingles
- Energy Efficient Low E Argon windows
- Heat Recovery Ventilation System (Air Exchanger)
- R22 fiberglass insulation in walls and R50 in ceiling;
If you are interested in buying an energy-efficient house, then a Maple Leaf Home is the house for you. In partnership with the EcoPlus Homes program, Maple Leaf Homes has won numerous awards for energy efficiency, including “Most Energy Efficient New Home 2012”.
Recently, a Maple Leaf Home sold to an owner in Mazerolle Settlement, New Brunswick was given a 99 out of 100 rating by the EnerGuide Canada! It is one of the most energy efficient homes in Canada!